555

on Friday, January 22, 2010

This has been my number for months. I know that I already wrote about my 222 kick and that still shows up on occasion as does 1111, but 555 has been my number for about 9 months. I started seeing 1111 then 222 then 333 and triple 4's. Around that time I was reading a book by Bill Johnson where he spoke of a time when God kept waking him up at 5:55 and He asked the Lord what he was trying to say. Holy Spirit told Bill Johnson that the season for the cancelation of dept was upon him. At that time I had noticed the frequency of my number encounters increasing in value and consistency and I said to the Lord, "I am ready for the triple 5's, Lord." And sure enough I started to see them. I know I know, if you are looking hard enough for something to happen there's a good chance that you will coincidentally happen upon it often enough for it to seem odd, but I can't tell you how many time I happen across this number! Constant emails and posts time stamped at 5:55 and checking the clock 5 times in a day where the minutes turned to 55, license plates, tv ads, newspaper adds, how much time is left on my laptop battery and then our last flight to Managua left Atlanta at 5:55pm and the flight was scheduled to take 3 hours and 55 minutes. The day we arrived in Managua there was a mild earthquake felt in Redding at 5:55pm. 


As I've said before, a coincidence is when God does a miracle and remains anonymous. I'm excited about this because I believe 555 is for all of us. It's not just for me. The season for the cancelation of debt is upon us. What does this mean? It means no more looking back. It means no more paying for what was and looking behind at all the debt we have accrued. It is the season for new beginnings. 2009 was a year of transition. God told me in the spring that He was tearing down things he'd built and uprooting what he's planted. That there were castles made of sand, things that he had started that couldn't be built any higher or grow any taller because of where we had taken them. God had bigger plans and the only way to take us where he wanted us from where we were, was take us back down to our foundations, back to the basics, to a place of new beginnings. It's 2010 and God is doing a new thing. I believe that this is the year of establishment. God is starting things all over the place and they are going to succeed and they are going to grow quickly. Frankly, I feel like we are in for a wild ride!! We can't let the things of the past hold us back. We can't let the enemy remind us of what was, what we owe or how we failed. Because his blood is sufficient, covers all and pays in full. 

Practically, how does this look? I can't say I really know! But I guess I would have to take a look at my life, my hopes and my dreams and consider what are my greatest fears? What are the things that hold me back every time? What is the one thing that makes me feel like my hands are tied? His hands were nailed ... for my freedom ... his feet bound and nailed so that I would never be held captive by my past. We are free to run! free to hope! free to dream without the fear that nothing will come of it? For some of us, just dreaming is moving ahead so I pray tonight that anyone who read this will feel the inspiration to dream bigger, to run faster, to stretch your tent pegs and prepare for increase because the Father has great things in store for this year.

In 9 months of seeing 555, I never read this verse until tonight. I happened across this:

Isaiah 55:5
Behold, you will call a nation you do not know, and a nation which knows you not will run to you, Because of the Lord your God, even the Holy One of Israel; for He has glorified you.

This is my 555 - this is me running and trying not to let the past hold me back. We came to Nicaragua with natural debt and little by little God is helping us pay it down. His provision has been nothing short of miraculous as have the encounters with his presence and the people of Nicaragua. We have come to a nation we did not know and because of the Holy Spirit and his drawing we have been given great opportunity to influence. We are really doing it ... We're running  and when I run I feel his pleasure. This is what I was born for, for such a time as this. Thanks God for choosing me and using me.

Blessings.


0 comments:

Post a Comment