Happy New Year!

on Friday, January 1, 2010


Jan.1, 2010

Here it is! The moment I have been waiting for, not consciously mind you, but I can feel it in my spirit that today is the first day of the rest of my life. Yes, yesterday was too, but there is something about today that feels different. I thought it was quite significant that Graeme and I were finally finished cleaning the house on the farm just minutes before midnight. It felt right that we drive away from a darkened house just moment before the New Year. 2009 was a season of transition and whatever it is that God has in store for me and my extended family, the world for that matter, it starts today.

My heart is filled with anticipation and expectation. These were not so much the emotions that filled my heart last night as I left a blanket on the floor for the cat to sleep on until his new "masters" would move in and learn to become his family or as I took one last picture of an empty house and paused to remember the probably thousands of faces that have been entertained by Francis/Morris hospitality in that house. I had to ask Graeme and Jamie to work at the wall with all the kids names and heights marked on it for the last 10 or so years. So much history, lots of great memories. It gives me a keen understanding of the Israelites wanting to return to Egypt, wanting to give up and turn back because the unknown just seems too scary. It's really easy to forget the rough times when you are faced with fear of what the future might hold. Human nature is really funny, how we can choose to fear the worst for the future at the same time as remembering the best of the past. I think we are best poised when we anticipate a hopeful and future while having gleened everything we need from our past experiences - learning lessons from the rough times and remebering the good.

We will be driving across the border tomorrow, hopefully in the morning. Please pray for favour at the border and for safety on the roads. Still lots more to do today, sorting through suitcases that are too heavy and dropping a few more boxes off at Graeme's cousin's house for storage. Happy Happy New Year to all of you. May your hearts be filled with hope and expectation for a year of building, increase and establishment.

Blessings :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment